- Underwater docking
- Classification of sonar data with deep learning
- Vehicle system performance optimisation
- Hydrobatics simulator
- Autonomous underwater perception
- Underwater navigation
- Robust, flexible and transparent mission planning and execution
- Multi-agent mission planning and execution
- Air-independent energy storage
- Autonomous situation awareness and world modeling
- Underwater communication
- Demonstrator program
Part of the SMaRC research plan is to improve existing facilities for developing and testing Maritime Underwater Robotics. This includes complete vehicles as well as new techniques and single components, groups of vehicles and fixed installations.
A demonstrator lab with the capacity to design and build various maritime robots including integration of the systems developed by the partners will be created at KTH. This will include capability of in-house development of vehicles, software development, electronics, mechanics as well as interaction with and ability to modify and retrofit commercial of-the-shelf vehicles.